Spring Youth Fashion Camp
Coming April 1-3, 2021
Indiana Fashion Foundation is hosting the first Spring Break edition of the Imagine IFF Youth Fashion Camp, which is designed to introducing youth to the industry and teaching the economics of fashion.
About Imagine IFF
Imagine IFF is the youth division of Indiana Fashion Foundation designed to present fashion as a possible career path early on.
We provide experiences and resources that will aid in connecting their academic pursuits to a sustainable career in the fashion industry. It is our goal to create programs that engage the creativity of youth and teens while instilling confidence to ultimately inspire and encourage learning as they fashion their futures.
Imagine IFF Youth Fashion Camp
The Imagine IFF Youth Fashion Camp encompasses our mission to secure the future of fashion by introducing youth to the industry and teaching the economics of fashion.
This program serves as a fashion industry simulation platform for students to highly engage and expedite their learning through real-world application. Upon completion, campers will have an understanding of the fashion industry and will be equipped with tools to empower them to take the next steps in pursuing the fashion career they aspire to.
THe Spring Break Edition
An opportunity for youth to explore the fashion industry during Spring Break 2021
Participants will have an opportunity to...
- Engage in an atmosphere that embraces uniqueness and creativity
- Explore many facets of the industry including design, retail, event production, and marketing
- Collaborate on a presentation with a other youth & teens with high interest in fashion
- Learn from experts who have real-world experience
- Establish friendships and create endless memories
When is it?
The spring break edition of Imagine IFF Youth Fashion Camp will take place April 1-3, 2021. The camp is scheduled to last 6 hours daily with breaks incorporated. An official schedule will be provided to students and parents during the orientation.
- April 1, 2021 — Planning Day
- April 2, 2021 — Creation Day
- April 3, 2021 — Presentation Day
Who can participate?
All students between the ages of 12-17 years old are eligible to apply for participation.
Unfortunately, we are only able to accept eight (8) students into the spring break edition of this program. As a result, we are looking for highly engaged students who are interested in learning and growing in one of the following areas:
- Fashion Styling
- Writing and/or Editing
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Design
- Project Management
- Event Planning
Where will it be hosted?
In respect of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the entire experience will be hosted virtually.
Though the students will not be gathering in person, we are using a multifaceted digital platform that has been proven to provide a highly interactive experience that is effective in creating a deep sense of connection and collaboration. All selected participants must have access to a phone, internet, and computer with a webcam.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost for the spring break edition of Imagine IFF Youth Fashion Camp.
Though there is no cost for participants, we do ask that parents consider making a donation to Indiana Fashion Foundation (IFF) to help support us in our effort to offer more programming for youth. IFF is a public charity filed under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code making donations tax-deductible as charitable contributions for US federal income tax purposes.
We are thrilled that you are interested in applying to participate in the spring break edition of Imagine IFF Youth Fashion Camp!
Before applying, please be sure to review all the information above and that you are prepared to agree to the following:
- Each applicant is required to submit a single PDF file with examples of their work that align with their selected area(s) of interest.
(Participants will be selected by a review committee based on the work examples they submit)
- This application will close on March 18, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Selected students will be announced on March 22, 2021.
- Parents & students must be available to attend the virtual orientation on March 25, 2021 at 7pm EST.
- Parents will be asked to sign a likeness and artwork release upon selection as IFF will capture content during the course of the program.